With so much information available these days, isn’t it nice to learn to speed read? Scott Young has listed techniques to double your reading rate.
The highlights are:
1. Motivate and engross yourself, this will prevent your mind from wandering.
2. Avoid distractions such as TV, radio, noise etc.
3. Use pointers – finger or the cursor
4. Skim through the “fillers”, focus on important points.
5. Reduce subvocalization – Practice reading without moving your lips.
You may also find these articles useful: